Screw the Turbos! (WAS: Hippy something or other)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Screw the Turbos! (WAS: Hippy something or other)
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:17:41 -0500
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>

> I think the original thing that started all this off was the thing in
> Fastrax about how turbo SP cars would be required to have cat back systems
> only, rather than being free.  On the face of it, that surely does strike
> me as just a "Screw off, turbos!" statement, particularly the way it was
> worded.

It sure does. And frankly, I'm getting tired of getting pissed on - especially
when I have yet to see any empirical proof that there's even a problem with
turbocharged cars.

There may be (or may not be - offer some proof!) a problem with a specific
turbocharged car - and if there is, then reclass the problem child. Don't punish
all us turbo folks like we are some kind of second-class citizens.

> I don't see why they can't just use the same rule and if that
> means a particular car can get more performance than they expected then
> re-class it.

Thank you for a voice of reason.

Could you express this opinion to the SEB (Solo@scca.org) I have already done
so, but it would be good for them to hear from some naturally-aspirated folks
too.

And as for cats, either make all of us in SP run them regardless of aspiration
type, or keep the rule the same as it is now.

DG
P2 #70