Re: Ford Miata

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford Miata
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 15:57:31 -0800
Steve Couture wrote:

>- ---JD_Kemp@notes.ymp.gov wrote:
>>
>> And, as we all know, the Miata is not a *FORD* design, it's an MGB!
>>

>Actually, I think the Miata is more of a Lotus design... :) :)

Well, maybe by body, but I remember reading in R&T that whilst in
development the Miata folks took a car and a big box o'exhaust
bits to a test track and fiddled around until the car sounded like
an MGB.

I also remember reading comments in Autoweek on the Miata when
new.  They had some celebs drive it.  One guy said "I like the
way the doors sound, reminds me of my old MG" another said "I
don't like the tinny door sound, reminds me of an old MG."

Hmmm, then Robbie Robinson said:

>JD.. Come on now... an "MGB" ... Better take a closer look at a Miata...
>They
>are a real good copy of the "Lotus Elan" ..With a heck of lot of
>improvements

Could be right JD, I don't think the Elan or the Miata ever won class
at Le Mans.  ;)

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/