Re: Low budget car question.

To: scott_phelps@england.gdt1.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Low budget car question.
From: SOLOMIATA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:25:43 EST
Along those same lines a Ford Festiva with a Ford Escort GT 1.8 DOHC motor is
a cheap thrill.  I've seen blown motor Festiva's in the paper for $250 and
Escort GT motors for $400.  The two motors are in the same Mazda engine family
and it is a bolt-in job.   With cheap mods the Escort motor can get about 140
crank HP and the Festiva can easily come in at 1900-2000 lbs. FWIW, Randy

<< Well, I may be biased, but before everyone starts laughing, Buy a
      YUGO!   You can pick up a real nice one for around $500, than spend
      the rest of your cash on fixing it up, or modifying it, depending on
      your desired class.  They are pretty simple stout little cars, and
      handle surprisingly well. Being a Fiat 128 clone, any go fast part
      that fits a Fiat 128 or X1/9 will fit on a Yugo.  Even the Fiat crowd
      has developed an attraction to them, as no one else seems to want
      them......   I have gobs of fun with mine, and it doesn't cost a mint.
      Alternatively, Rabbits are fun, have good aftermarket parts support
      and could probably be had for under a grand.   A few thoughts
      anyways.....