Firehawk - Real info

To: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Subject: Firehawk - Real info
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:11:07 -0800

I obviously wasn't clear on this.  The early Firehawks had special engines
that produced a lot more power than their Formula or TransAm counterparts
of the day.  Here is the real stuff:  350TPI, 350hp, 390ft/lbs.  Special
rods, forged pistons, aluminum blocks...

Production numbers:
1992 25
1993 201
1994 500
1995 743
1996 86
1997 163

How about that Competition Package Option you ask?  Just a few cool things
like:
6 point roll bar
Recaro seats
Simpson 5-point harness'
4 piston Brembo calipers
13" cross drilled rotors
rear seat delete
lightweight hood
aluminum block

These cars are perfect examples of why 'tuner' cars scare the SCAC and the
SEB.  There no definitive information as to when these options and others
like them started or ended.  You want them in stock?

AB
Andy Bettencourt
Solo II Stock Class Advisory Committee
Chief Operating Steward, NER
1995 Mazda RX7 R2 - Super Stock
1966 Sunbeam Tiger MK 1A

At 12:34 PM 3/9/99, Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com wrote:
>Production numbers.  SLP produces a very limited number of Filewawks each
>year.  When they first came out, they were head and shoulders

what the???

are you talking about something else? I also assume you are talking 93+
cars, 500-some built in 1993.

I haven't seen ANY Firehawks that are "shampoo" above the well driven &
prepared *stock* Formula or even the Z28 .

 >above their
>Formula and Trans Am siblings.   That isn't the case now, but it is very
>tough to discern between models years when an aftermarket tuner is
>involved.

have you been taking lessons on how to speak "Clintonese?"

:-)

Jim Rohn
Beater Racing
driving f-bodies longer than some of you have been alive...OMG, I'm an Old
Fartz!