Re: Official 1999 SEDiv Solo2 Schedule

To: mapco@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Official 1999 SEDiv Solo2 Schedule
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:20:29 EST
Mike King writes:

> Hey Marks, what happened to Disney who OK'd the parking lot at Disney
>  Speedway for the weekend of May 1-2? Just wondering, would have added a
>  little extra variety and enjoyment for the "families" out there. No
>  offense to anyone. BTW, I thought the site at the fairgrounds was
>  undoable. Did that all work itself out? Let us know.

There are some outstanding issues at Disney, coupled with the lateness of
getting the SEDiv schedule out, that preclude us from holding a SEDiv event
there this year.  We agree with the *family* concept regarding Disney, with
Mark Chiles & Terry Keller worked their tails off trying to make it happen ,
but time just wasn't on our side.  Maybe next year we can get the site secured
in time to make the schedule.  FYI, Disney is still being pursued for the
Florida State Championships sometime around November/99.

Atlanta Region held a big pow-wow at the GA Nat. Fairgrounds recently with the
site owner, safety stewards, etc. and decided on using a different lot than
what was originally proposed.  We have the Atlanta Region's assurance that
we'll have a quality event there.  Based on our past experience with Atlanta
Region events, that's good enough for us.  The Perry, GA site is immediately
adjacent to I-75 for quick & easy access, lot's of hotels (one will be
officially designated for SCCA use), restaurants, etc.   More details to come.

Mark Sipe
SEDiv Solo2 Deputy Steward