RE: Stock class for Firehawk

To: Lindsay Wilson <lwilson1@ford.com>
Subject: RE: Stock class for Firehawk
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:55:08 -0800

Let's look at the cars on the exclusion list:

M3 Lightweight*
Callaway Corvette
Cobra R*
Viper*
Firehawk
911 AWD Turbo*
442 HO W-41*

 5 of the 7 are built at the factory.  The Callaway was an RPO option way
back when.  While it is a very important piece of the pie, it isn't the
only one.  Production numbers are key.  If the average person can't go out
and get one, it shouldn't be in stock.  <Use this time to THINK about the
1000 car guideline, not write about it again!>

Should the 1999 Camaro SS' and Firebird WS6's be in FS?...write a letter!

AB
Andy Bettencourt
Solo II Stock Class Advisory Committee
Chief Operating Steward, NER
1995 Mazda RX7 R2 - Super Stock
1966 Sunbeam Tiger MK 1A

As definitive as that sounds, If It were my car, I'd want to get
a clarification from the SEB.  I believe (just my opinion) that
the Firehawk which is excluded from stock is an older model
modified by a non-factory shop (perhaps with factory blessing,
I can't recall.)

The confusion comes now that Pontiac has decided to use the
Firehawk name on a new for '99 model.  If your Firehawk can
be ordered from the factory then I see no reason why it would
be excluded.  I suggest you send the SEB documentation that
shows the Firehawk to be a factory model for '99 and ask them
to correct the exclusion list.

          IMO,

               Lindsay