Re: spec rx7 startup costs/personal safety gear questions

To: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>, autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spec rx7 startup costs/personal safety gear questions
From: Judy Becker <judyb@cts.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 22:29:08 -0800 (PST)
Jeff
Here in San Diego we have a class (non-SCCA) sandwiched between showroom
stock &
street prepared. Our specrx7 drivers run in it & have won a few events &
are quite competitive in it.
This class Improved Street is divided into 3-IS 1-IS2-IS3 & the number of
cylinders & whether or not a car has a turbo determines which of the 3 you
drive in.
We've been running it for quite some time with just as good showings in it
as some of the other SCCA classes. We had it before going under the SCCA
umbrella.
The class is very close to the new ST classes & allows the spec cars not to
have to run against the more prepared CSP cars.
Actually, Improved Street allows for more suspension mods than the spec
class does.
As I understand, spec cars are kept out of the ST classes because they
don't have a 2nd seat in the back & thereby can't qualify as a 2 door coupe.
I think it would be very competitive in ST.

Judy B. in San Diego running an '84 GSL SE in IS2L (ladies) & enjoying it
too.....
   {:>}