Re: Oil brand & weight for occasional autoxing?

To: "H. Rodney Spear" <hrspear@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: Oil brand & weight for occasional autoxing?
From: cjthedad@essex1.com (Craig Froeter)
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 07:37:24 -0600
I have a freind who is a racecar engineer. He has ran Synthetic in his
truck for years and in the past year has had Valve train problems. Had to
reset valves every 3000 miles or so. they made a ton of noise. He talked
to a bunch of his engine people that said ( synthetic in newer motors with
overhead cams, regular oil in push rod motors) he switched and has  had no
problems since. I personaly run Valvoline 10W40 in spring and fall and
20W50 when it gets hot