Re: Subie drivers - Style question

To: Joehgn@aol.com
Subject: Re: Subie drivers - Style question
From: "Fedja Jeleskovic" <Fedja_Jeleskovic@pictel.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:34:06 -0500

>I have ordered an Impreza RS2.5 and [not being familiar with all wheel
drive]
>have some questions on the {best} style on an AutoX course. Is there a
>specific style that is used for all wheel drive? Magazine writers claim
that
>you can just power through corners [and push] by just keeping your foot in
it.
>While this may make some sense does anyone use this method.
>My last AutoXer was a Honda, obviously turning with the Civic required a
>little more finesse.

Welcome to the AWD world! Did you learned how to do a good rain dance? :)
Well. one thing for sure is that you can apply power trough to turn usually
sooner that 2WD drivers. One golden rule here is slow in , fast out! AWD
cars have tendency to push (probably all other cars as well) a lot when you
get into the turn too fast. If that happens, you loose your ability to keep
your foot on the throttle trough the good part of the turn.

Good luck

Fedja
95 AWD
#34 ESP