Re: Mustang vs. Camaro

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mustang vs. Camaro
From: Alek Tziortzis <alextz@comm.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 09:37:23 -0600

>From what Ive heard, the IRS on the new mustang isn't a particularly
great design,
because the Ford engineers wanted it to be a bolt on item so that they
can sell
the IRS to 87+ mustang owners  who want it.

When will IRS help over my conestoga solid rear axle, on very bumpy
pavement,
where that point is coming out of a corner and I have to press the gas.
Even
with IRS, if the limited slip differential sucks (and they do on a
mustang and camaro),
even the best IRS is not going to help there.

my conclusion
maybe  in 1 out of 10 sites, the IRS will be better than the live axle
version of the mustang.
and even in those 10% cases, the mustang cant match the camaro's low end
torque.

Bring em on, I say. Same goes for you Astock guys in P4 (just give me a
straight that is long enough!) :^)

Alex Tziortzis
1998 Z28 1LE
Fstock / P4