Re: stock class question

Subject: Re: stock class question
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:39:20 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Eric Linnhoff wrote:
> Here's a nutty question for y'all.  How many Stock Class champions truly
> have their cars prepped to the max per the rule book?  Particularly the
> smaller like, shall we say, DS cars.  ;^)

I'm way far from an expert in the history of DS, so I'd like to hear what
others have to say as well!

That said, I've heard tons about Daddio and other national DS guys getting
mega custom struts, doing tons of testing to find out the best suspesion
setups, etc.  I've yet to hear from anyone that a national (or anyone
really) competitor has had their motor professionally or otherwise rebuilt
to the max of the stock class rules.

Now I'm guessing that's because they aren't doing it because an hp or two
doesn't hold a candle to a car setup to handle well for the driver in
importance, but I suppose an equally valid reason would be that its just
assumed that everyone has special 'stock' motors.

Mark