RE: Hooked on Phonics (was Intro and Questions)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hooked on Phonics (was Intro and Questions)
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 11:35:01 -0800
Steppin' Cowturd writes...

>So, has anyone else had an interesting or particularly memorable
>mispronounciation of their name in an awards banquet or while being
>anounced during an event?  Or is it just me?

Luckily, my name is pretty hard to mangle, but for some reason, many
people think my first name is Kelly. My mom did it once, even, but she
was tired. It happened at the Meridian Tour, even, but I'm quite used to
it. I respond to the name Kelly. But really, it's kinda weird going
places with my family, because greetings are always like this: "It's the
Kellys - John, Pat, Maggy and Kelly!"

Or sometimes, people just call me Katie Kelly, which is kinda cute, like
Jean Marie, or Joe Bob. But I can't tell you how many times I've heard,
"So, what's your last name Katie Kelly?"

"Um, Kelly?"

"Katie Kelly KELLY? THAT'S weird."

Katie Kelly
Technical Publications