How to heat cycle tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: How to heat cycle tires
From: SSUCSY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:49:45 EST
What's the best way to heat cycle tires?  I know Tire Rack can do it by
putting them in some kind of oven, but I plan to do mine the old fashioned
way.  Is running a one day event an effective way of heat cycling tires?  I
know it is recommended that you let them cool for 72 hours or so after heat
cycling before they are raced.  Is racing too hard on the tires before they
have been heat cycled?  Is there any way to get the tires up to the desired
temperature for heat cycling when ambient air and pavement temperatures are
relatively low (i.e., spring temperatures vs. summer temperatures)?

Steve Sucsy
1991 MR2 Turbo