See how slippery It can get??(was removable rears)

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: See how slippery It can get??(was removable rears)
From: "Ayer, John K" <John.Ayer@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:08:44 -0800
Great... I can remove my air filter canister by undoing afew simple clips, and
on an X1/9 the entire seat slides right off the tracks... I just gained 5
horsepower (that's about 10% on a stock X1/9:) and lost Forty pounds!!!
Safely, comfortably, and legally?!  Coudda saved another 40 lbs, butt I NEED
the driver's seat.

Kimball Ayer
ES here I come!

Josh2 said,(and others expressed the same sentiment)
:
>       I don't read it as a weight issue at all. It's clearly a visibility
>issue,
>and hence a performance advantage. But the mirror is designed (at least this
>is how I've heard it) to be easily removable with a clip. No special tools or
<tools of any kind are needed to do this. It's a factory designed feature, and