Re: INTENT of the rules (was SP changes in fast track)

To: "Michael Piera" <Tesec@compuserve.com>, "TEAM.NET" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: INTENT of the rules (was SP changes in fast track)
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:27:49 -0600
Mike said,

>Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com> wrote, in his caring,
sensitive
>manner,

I'd like to think I'm a concerned kinda guy, but I do get a
little impatient with folks who implicitly claim to know what
somebody else was thinking eons ago when the rules got written.
Sorry for the emphasis in my response if anyone took offense.

<snip some pretty interesting historical rules excerpts>

>The SCCA Solo-II rules have slowly changed from these ancient
rules,
>so many of the intents are long lost. Looks like Jay wasn't far
off this
>time :-(

I know how much it took for Mike to say that. We do occasionally
agree, even if it hurts. ;<)

Jay