Re: When's it gonna get warm?

To: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Subject: Re: When's it gonna get warm?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:02:40 -0600
I wrote:
>>><<  And that C.A.R.B is just plain a pain in the butt to hot rodders.
;^)

>and CHuck retorted:
>
>>>And that affects your D/S Neon exactly how?
>>
>>======================
>>It doesn't.  But I also have other automotive interests.  I sure do miss
my
>>455 cid Cutlass.  I miss being able to run low 12's in the 1/4 mile with 3
>>people in the car before I even hit the laughing gas button.  Mmmm, can
you
>>say "dual Rochesters"?  I'm fairly sure that the folks at C.A.R.B can't.

=====================
Let me restate that earlier thought.  Actually the CARB _would_affect my
Neon.  Since it's a 49 state emissions legal car and not a California
emissions car, I'd have to pay a "polluters" tax upon moving to sunny
California.  Or if I had purchased a California spec emissions legal Neon,
likely it would have had a little less power due to their emissions
requirements.

>Sure they can.  It's called "All cars prior to 1974 are exempt from
>testing."  And the CARB doesn't seem to be stressing the drag race crowd
out
>there -- I see plenty of pictures of blown, nitrous-enhanced West Coast
cars
>on the newstands.
=====================
I'm no expert, but doesn't that apply only to "stock" cars?  How about hot
rodded cars with big blocks, lumpy cams, multiple carbs and farily open
exhausts without catalytic convertors?

>>Oh yeah, oh yeah, well, I can't remember the last time we had a good knock
>>down drag out riot here.  Or a good earthquake.  Or freeway shootings.
>>Around these parts we just drive by the other homies treailer home to bust
>>our caps.  ;^)  It must've been the long winters that drove those other
>guys
>>crazy.  I think it's starting to affect me, the voices are getting harder
>>resist.
>

>Just a different sort of evolution!  Without tornadoes to keep the trailer
>parks flattened, both coasts have to find more innovative solutions.
>
>Jamie
=================
Tehy have tornadoes on the coasts.  But their tornadoes have lots of water
in 'em.  ;^)  Our tornadoes just have run down El Caminos and cattle flying
around in them.  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Take a ton of bolt and steel
A whole lotta sweat, a set of wheels.....On the Speedway.
The flag is down, pistons pound
Plenty of engines ripping around......On the Speedway.
"Speedway" by Elvis Presley