Re: Synthetic Lubes & GM drivers

To: autox@autox.team.net, David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Synthetic Lubes & GM drivers
From: mikelowe@pop.c-com.net
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:15:31 +0000
> I'd like to query driver/owners of GM cars about the use of synthetic
> lube in the power steering pump.  Redline has a product and now Valvoline
> has a *blend* on the market.  my PS pump starts whining like a Ford's
> after every lap around the course.  your thoughts please?  TIA.

Howdy.

     My dad had Redline PS fluid in his Camaro.  We put it in
so I could do hot laps at Texas World Speedway without killing the
pump.  Even after near-redline flogging, the pump only complained a
small amount.  Dad never had PS problems after that either.

I recommend Redline.  I've been using their stuff for years.

Mike Lowe    mikelowe@phoenix.net    http://www.phoenix.net/~mikelowe
Texas A&M Sports Car Club    Houston Region SCCA    Miata Club of America
'96 Miata R   BS 93