Re: Herstory

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Herstory
From: Gail/Sid deLeon <deleon@communique.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:28:35 -0600
Well said Lady, give 'em hell!

The resentment Lady Drivers run into is real and definitely does exist. But,
I think this feeling is portrayed by
a very small minority of males. As you so well stated some people are rather
small and insecure. I believe the involvement of females as equals is seen
as a very positive step in our sport by most.

Example, at the Nationals awards ceremony last year I sat at a table of all
BP and CP drivers, none of which knows Shauna personally or has any specific
interest in her class. This group stood up the longest and clapped the
loudest when she approached the podium.

Nuff said,

Sid & Gail deLeon
Adventure Racing BP 39