Tire Recommendations, Oil Cooler question..

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire Recommendations, Oil Cooler question..
From: Brian Porter <porterb@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:27:57 -0500
Hi all,

I'm a new member of this list and a newbie autocrosser looking for some
tire advice. I'm after a set of racing tires and am undecided between
Hoosier's or BFG R1s. The car is a '95 Miata R-pkg with Koni adjustables
and an Addco front sway. I'll be using the stock 14x6 alloys for autox
duties..

I'm also unsure of which tire width to buy too. I'd really like to run
225/50's but I'm not sure if a) they'll fit the OEM wheel b) pose a
clearance problem c) slow the car considerably on the straights.

One final quesiton,  is an oil cooler legal for B-stock?

Thanks in advance,

-Brian
porterb@mediaone.net