Re: Weather in Kansas

To: "Maureen Soar" <msoar@pacifier.com>, "Mike Bultemeier" <hottvr@tfs.net>,
Subject: Re: Weather in Kansas
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:00:23 -0600
>At 11:00 AM 2/11/99 -0600, Mike Bultemeier wrote:
>>The last one around here was in 1804 along the Mississippi river.
>
>Wrongo - here's a short list (events large enough to be potentially felt)
>from 1996-1998.  None of them were in Kansas, but some of them
>were close.
>
>Mo Soar
<a whole bunch o' stuff deleted>
Umm, the last earthquake around here (Kansas City area) was last October
when I was changing tires on my Neon and fell over backwards.  Picture a
turtle on it's back and you get the idea.   I think it was about a 1.2 on
Mr. Richter's scale and even managed to knock Mike's Tiga off course.    ;^)

As to the Great Mississippi, that's a couple hundred miles from us so it
doesn't bother us here on the Kansas State line too much.

Of course those great Kansas plains winds can be kinda chilly, like today.
You all do know why the trees in Missouri lean toward the west dontcha?  Cuz
Kansas sucks.   ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Take a ton of bolt and steel
A whole lotta sweat, a set of wheels.....On the Speedway.
The flag is down, pistons pound
Plenty of engines ripping around......On the Speedway.
"Speedway" by Elvis Presley