Re: Image Awareness

Subject: Re: Image Awareness
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:24:52 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Kelly, Katie wrote:
> That in itself gives me goosebumps, because look what happens when you
> give women a chance in a sport in which they used to make fun of women.

Yup.  Strange how if you specifically exclude men all of the talent is
female.

> Anyway, apparently, you undergo a series of tests at the tryouts. How
> you perform on the track is 50% of your score. They also test you for
> your athletic ability, interview, and get this: image awareness.
>
> Does anyone know what that's about?

Gee, I wonder.

If you go, make sure you wear your cutest driving suit.

Mark

(Not trying to rip on women drivers, I'm just ripping on the whole idea
that female racers are so dramatically different from male racers that
they can't compete and require their own series.  How about we have a
series for people who're over 200 lbs too?)