Re: Speed Freakz program

To: Matt Kowske <xc@innocent.com>
Subject: Re: Speed Freakz program
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 17:00:18 -0800

Matt Kowske wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could help me understand what exactly the > Speed
>Freakz program is in the SCCA.

Go to the SCCA website, Matt <http://www.scca.org/>  Scroll down the
page until you see "Other SCCA Sites" on the left side of your screen
and then click on "Speed Freakz"

> I'm 17 and have attended one autocross last year and LOVED it.  >
>Unfortunatley I'm a broke kid and not very good yet... so if Speed > Freakz is
>less costly than a full membership and allows me to race > with people more in
>my ability level, then great!

You're exactly the type of person that Speed Freakz was designed to
reach, Matt.  You're in the 16-25 age bracket.  You don't have much
money.  But you do want to have fun with your car.  Speed Freakz
doesn't put you into a different level of competition...it just allows
you to compete with the rest of us without having to pay for full SCCA
membership.

> But I don't think that's all it is somehow... can someone help me out here?
>Oh, and does every SCCA region offer it? Thanks...

I don't guess they HAVE to...but they should!  It's a great way to
attract people just like you.  Go the the SCCA website and check it
out!

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman