Re: 24he Enduro Autox [was: C Stock in 2000]

To: JAKramer@aol.com
Subject: Re: 24he Enduro Autox [was: C Stock in 2000]
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 16:25:10 -0700
JAKramer@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/4/1999, 1:53:29 PM, bret@serv.net writes:
> >24 hour autox?  Do tell.
> >
> >I've often thought it'd be fun to have a nighttime autox.  Ideally I'd be
> >able to convince a herd of the rare breed of reflective cones to settle on
> >our site for a night.  Unless someone has identified a breed of
> >glow-in-the-dark cones (conus luminus?)
>
> The event is called "24 Hours of LeMall".  It's an annual event, but last year
> was my first.  You can probably guess where it's held...  It runs from noon on
> Saturday to noon on Sunday in a mall parking lot in Rock Hill, SC which is 15
> miles south of Charlotte, NC.
>
> The proceeds of the event go to charity.  You can make as many runs as you
> choose, but only 6 count.  You have to tell the starter if your upcoming run
> is one of your 6 official runs.  I think I made 45 or so runs.  Fortunately,
> one of my official runs was one of my best times and I won CS.

Do you pay on a per-run basis or a fixed amount for the 24 hours?

It sounds like a good enduro autox competition idea for multiple drivers
in the same car. :-)

I can just picture it, 5-10 runs per 'stint' for each driver, and flying
pit-stop and driver changes. :-) Are the charity proceeds donated on a
per-run basis or just whatever is taken in from registration fees?

Either way, it sounds like a whole bunch o' lot of fun.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/