Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation

To: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Subject: Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation
From: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:21:30 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
To: Scotty *BOB* White <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Cc: Rob Foley <103535.536@compuserve.com>; autox@autox.team.net
<autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, January 29, 1999 9:35 AM

>Hey BOB,
>
>It's alright if I call you "BOB", even if I omit the second "O", isn't
>it?  Just for old times' sake

   Sure lil buddy, you know I luv ya ;-)

>Like that vagrant Huck reported a while back, previous SEBs have made
>*2* exceptions to the wheel diameter rules in the past.  You continaully
>use the 12"->13" example.  But the Fiesta wasn't exactly a killer, and
>13" wheels weren't going to make it suddenly rule the roost.  The fact
>that some ancient SEB approved that allowance for such a no-count car is
>hardly gonna hold sway on today's SEB.  IMHO of course.

   Oh, and the C4S and the C5 are? PLEASE!

>An example more similar to the situation you are pushing is the TRX
>wheels of the late 70's and early 80's.  At that time, another ancient
>SEB allowed for metric wheels to go down to the next lower full inch
>size.  The cars effected were primarily 79-83 (84?) Mustangs with the
>*awesome* Michelin TRX tire and wheel, which was something like 15.3
>inches in diameter.

   I have said many times, who cares if they pull it WHEN tires are
available, not a problem the way I see it.

>Besides I know you're just searching for another "cause" since you got
>the C4 Vettes moved to BSP.

   Yeah, I did that all by myself didn't I? I wrote 3 letters with the last
one dated 1994 and the cars get moved in 98 and the deal get's my name on
it, I love this process ;-)

 You miss being able to buddy-up with those
>great guys on the SEB, and long for the days you could hang with 'em,
>talkin' about Vettes, wheels, Porsches, etc.

   Of course I luv those guys, it's probably the best SEB I have ever seen
in al my 5 years of autocrossing ;-)

>Hey come to think of it, isn't there an upcoming vacancy on the SEB from
>NorPac?  Hmmm.

   Yeah, my application letter got lost I guess, aint that a shame for all
;-)

sbw