Re: Dennis' Hairbrained Ideas

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dennis' Hairbrained Ideas
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:55:32 -0500
"Mac Crossett" <macross@gte.net> wrote:

> Now, I've known DG for a while, and he's a friend of mine, so let me say in
> his defense that sometimes that filter between the brain and the mouth (and
> the typing fingers) that we all have sometimes malfunctions and causes
> Dennis to just come out and say whatever's on his mind...<G>

Et tu, Brute?

That's not a bug, it's a feature. :)

Actually, I'll let y'all in on a little secret: I'm working on the Grand Unified
Post Theory of Team.Net. The idea is to see if it's possible to work all of the
reoccuring threads into _one big thread_. So far, work is going well, but I'm
having problems working "which tow vehicle for me?" into the Grand Unified
Thread - I keep getting a "divide by zero" error.

:) :)

In all seriousness though, I think it's good - on occasion - to tip over a few
Sacred Cows and see what happens. It's good to challenge convential wisdom from
time to time to see if it was really all that "wise" in the first place.

There is room for improvement in the current system, but I think it's safe to
say that it's far from broken.

But the really important thing  - is to know when to shut up. :)

Shutting up,
DG