1999 ProSolo format

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 1999 ProSolo format
From: Darrin Disimo <ddisimo@gate.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:17:00 -0500
Hello everyone,

  In my quest to figure out what series (National or Pro) to run for the
1999 ProSolo, I have a few questions for you.  Last year there seemed to
be some disparity on how the ladies and the men in the Club class made the
challenge.  In 1999 are there ladies classes in the National series?  If
so, how are they put into the Challenge?  Is there just one NationalSeries
Ladies class?  I ask this because I am trying to figure out how the bumping
(if any) is done within the NationalSeries and NationalSeries Challenge.
My main interest in the Pro's is making the Challenge.  Is the National
Series Challenge just like the standard Challenge rules (1st place in
each class + difference to fill 32 spots) or is it like the Club class
last year with an index?

  Also, does anyone know if there is going to be contengency (BFG, Mazda,
or other) for the NationalSeries?  I think that SCCA is not paying any
money for placing in the NationalSeries classes.  Is this correct?  All
of my questions may be answered when the ProSolo rule book come out
(hopefully).

P.S.  Does anyone know when the SCCA website will be updated with the
"new" ProSolo information.  All entry forms and FAQ's still talk about
the 1998 season rules and classes.

Thanks,
Darrin DiSimo
email: ddisimo@gate.net