Need help...tire choice

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Need help...tire choice
From: "David Shreve" <vw_speed_racer@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 22:03:50 PST
I'm still trying to figure out which tires to go with for the '99
season...

I'll be running in STR on 15x7's on my GTI-VR6, extremely nose-heavy and
FWD.

Right now I am leaning toward the Kumho's.  I am worried, though, cause
I have heard of almost no one running well on Kumho's on FWD cars.

I plan to run 2 to 4 Pro's, and a National Tour in addition to local and
divisional events.  I am afraid that if I run the Hoosiers or BFG's I
will be buying tires every month.

On the other hand, I fear that the Kumho's are hard as rocks and make my
bad driving even worse.  Last year I ran on BFG's then BFG's and
Hoosiers and had some success.

Can anyone make this decision easier?  BFG's last longer than their
3/32" skid depth would imply?  Kumho's stick every bit as good as
G-Force's?  Rocky sells a miracle chemical that makes street tires
stickier than R tires and they still last 30k miles? :-)

Please help.  I need to order tires soon for the Ft Myers Pro.

-dave
13 STR
http://web.qx.net/vw_speed_racer