Re: Evansville Tour

To: Jamie or Trisha Ridenour <ridenour@perigee.net>
Subject: Re: Evansville Tour
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 22:54:32 -0600
Jamie or Trisha Ridenour wrote:

> The money means better because:
>
> 1.)  No money No stadium No stadium No facilities and a long drive to
> civilization
> 2.)  Money comes from the Tourism board so hopefully it represents a non
> cash committment too (better hotel rates?)
> 3.)  The support of the city has excited the core people, about 12, who
> make the tour happen.  Happy excited planners should mean a fun event.
>
> Now can I ask why so contentious a question to what I thought was a fairly
> innocuous remark?

No contentiousness intended.  Just askin'.  My feeble mind doesn't yet
understand how the money transactions work between the SCCA and the
event host, and I'm just trying to learn more that's all.  I guess I
thought that we fund the entire event through our entry fee's.  So
kicking in some extra money allows a closer site (the stadium) to be
used, helps by creating local support and injecting enthuseasm into the
hard working organizers, and may also result in some discounts on local
services.  Great things, good answer, and I applaud your efforts...I
agree it's obviously good for the Tour.

Sorry if I caused you to read something into my questions.  Let me
assure you I have no axe to grind, I'm not calling anything into
question here, and no one is trying to nail anybody on anything.  You
must understand that not everyone on team.net has the same historical
data and experience level with how Pro's and Tours work as you do, and
I've never been to Evansville so I don't even know what stadium your
referring to.  For all some people might know, the additional money you
referred to filters directly down to the competitors somehow, or it
means free lunches for all, or whatever.  I don't know.  That's why I
asked.  Thanks for clarifying it.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese