Re: Pro & National Tour Locations

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pro & National Tour Locations
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:07:59 -0600
Pat, http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo_sch.html doesn't show the Peru Pro
event but it was in the latest Pro info package.  Unfortunately you'll
be the only WI rep as May 15-16 I'll be at Road America for my drivers
school.  Denise and I are traveling to Meridian, MS but I'm not sure
what car I'll be driving.  I'm looking for something with RWD.

As for a Milw Pro/Tour...

>   1.)  Interested host organization
"How about Milwaukee Region SCCA?"

It's a possibility.  We'll see how smoothly things go for our BFG event
Aug 28-29.  Milw area volunteers wanted, see Todd at
mailto:tjlorino@execpc.com  Chicago region would also be a possibility
as they're co-hosting a Stadium event this year.

>   2.)  Worthy site
"MGA Research Facility, near Milwaukee.  Cashmo; good Pro site, right?"

I think there are a couple of problems with MGA, (grid/pit space,
hotels, etc).  Milw County Stadium/Miller Park is getting it's second
coat of asphalt (this spring?) and would be a great Pro/Tour site.  Even
our high speed Padberg/Corvette courses are 60 seconds long. :)

>   3.)  Bid
"?? Didn't know there was a transaction involved. Jeff, how much you got
on ya?"

Not enough, although the Rx7 hasn't become a money pit (yet) & I just
got an offer on the Harley.  If they reclass the Celica next year I see
an FS Camaro in my future! :)
--
Jeff "off to buy a racing seat" Cashmore
1995 Toyota Celica ST = HS (the little engine that could)