Re: The Scarlet Roundel (was RE: GS BMW - NOT! )

To: cblome@yahoo.com, sjohnson@kcnet.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Scarlet Roundel (was RE: GS BMW - NOT! )
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:48:47 EST
In a message dated 99-01-13 21:46:59 EST, cblome@yahoo.com writes:

<<  Are SCAC records closed to the general membership?  If so, is this the
 right policy in the face of the rumors, hearsay, and outright
 accusations of favoritism (e.g. Chrysler) we see on this list almost
 constantly?  >>

Well, since most SCAC meetings are 2-3 hours, complete minutes would be a
little difficult.  I'm not sure SCCA really cares about the rumors and
accusations that flow so freely on team.net.  SCAC and SEB mambers are under a
gag order to not discuss their meetings until the recommendations are
published in FasTrack.

When I was on the SCAC, it was always interesting to find out what Jeff and
Stacy Reitmeir knew that I didn't.  I had been falsely accused of being an
unofficial source of information (can you spell LEAK) at one point, and was
always careful not to divulge info, but Jeff and Stacy had a source that had
very accurate info on both SCAC and SEB decisions before they wer in print.  I
always found that interesting...

Personally, I say "trust your SEB and SCAC members to do what they believe is
best for the club."  You may disagree with them, and by all means express your
opinion (hopefully with supporting facts...) whenever you wish.  Input is
always requested.  You are always free to interact with Board and Committee
members and ask them their personal feelings on the subjects of interest to
you.

CHD