Re: HS S10 ZQB -spare tire wieghts

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>, <SOLOMIATA@aol.com>
Subject: Re: HS S10 ZQB -spare tire wieghts
From: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:38:02 -0700 (MST)
At 8:47 AM 1/13/99, Eric Linnhoff wrote:
>>Someone mentioned last week the S-10 (and Sonoma, Hombre) being a contender
>in
>>HS with the ZQB suspension package.  That got me interested so I went to
snip
>--------------------------------
>I dunno.  It sounds like it's going to handle like a great big Neon due to
>all the weight up front and very little over the rear drive wheels.
>
>I surmise that it'd probably end up pushing in the corners if driven hard
>with that Neon-like tendency for the back end to dance around under
>throttle-feathering conditions due to a lack of weight over the rear tires.

you can always have the rear spare tire "balanced" with lead weights...lots
of lead weights...I've seen spare tires with weights "all" over them -both
sides - literally everywhere. At least 25# worth. There was even one that
had some "fluid" in the tire, must've been filled with *very* humid air :-)
...you will need to reinforce the spare tire mount though .... :-)

Jim Rohn