Re: Floor Jacks

To: autox@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Floor Jacks
From: Bill Del Vecchio <wdv@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 10:35:30 -0500
I've used the J.C. Whitney block that Kevin Brown recommends and it works
well for some cars.  But I still wanted more surface area, so I took an 16"
piece of 2x4 and cut a slot down the middle of one of the broad sides with
a circular saw.  Put a couple of bolts thru to reinforce it and it has
served me very well for 5+ years.  Bottom's getting a little chewed up from
the jack, but the top provides a nice, long surface for support with little
chance of scratching.  I'll definitely make another one when this one wears
out.

Bill Del Vecchio [CSi CARS Forum] ('86 RX-7 GXL & '94 RX-7 R2) FCSCC Home
Page: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/wdv/