Re: Firebird - f/s

To: Joehgn@aol.com, autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Firebird - f/s
From: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 09:35:03 -0700 (MST)
At 10:15 AM 1/8/99, Joehgn@aol.com wrote:
>I have noted that a 1991-93

91-92 are the 3rd gen cars, 93 + up are the 4th gen

>Flaming Chicken is much cheaper

and better looking IMHO, plus they have a WAY nicer interior, & MUCH better
seats

> than a Z28 of the
>same vintage. Are they as competitive in F-Stock?

yes

>Where would I find out information on the proper option package to look for in
>a used Firebird?

get a Formula without the t-tops.  Lighter (& cheaper) car.

The tuned port 5.7/auto 91-92 cars (Pontiac) are "all there". No need to
look for a particular option package. This is NOT so of the Camaro's. The
Camaro with the 5.7/auto HAD to be equipped with the performance axle
package to "work." *IF* you want to duplicate the 1997 Nationals winning FS
car, that was an old Hiway Patrol car with the rarer 305 TPI 5-spd (and
also had the B4C/1LE packages). You can't get a 5-spd with the 5.7.

*IF* you want a 93, they *STILL* (Firebird or Camaro) have to be equipped
with the "performance axle" package to be the "right" choice.

If you have *ANY* other questions, feel free to inquire off-line

Jim Rohn
lots o time with these cars

PS
I also have a *very* nice 92 Formula performance packaged 5-spd avail, very
reasonable, *never* raced ... yet