Re: SCCA soloII friendly insurance...

To: Alex Quirk <vquirk@penn.com>, "Team. net" <autox@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: SCCA soloII friendly insurance...
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 10:32:57 -0800 (PST)
---Alex Quirk <vquirk@penn.com> wrote:

> I am wondering if through the buying strength of a nation of
> Autocrossers...SCCA Solo Dept. would be able to obtain a Supplier
with a
> 'better' rate and specific clauses on Autox related 'problems'???

There seems to be an echo in here... :)  I copied SCCA's Risk
Management department when I asked this question in hopes that they
would be able to comment on the feasibility of such a thing.  Maybe if
we got enough signatures on a group letter to the Solo marketing
manager (Kurt Spitzner?) they'd agree to consider it.

OTOH, I don't know what the chances are of such a thing succeeding.
55,000 SCCA members are a statistical drop in the bucket of
150-million or so drivers.  Well, okay, 50 million of those are
uninsured anyway... :-0

>I know some 'enlightened'
> insurance companies have already seen 'safer' results from autox
scenario
> compared to on_the_road_driving...and therefore not excluded it as
> 'racing'...

Oh?  What companies might those be?

Craig Blome