Re: 1999 Cobra Autox Classification

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1999 Cobra Autox Classification
From: Carl Couric <carlc@iname.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 11:44:47 -0500
At 08:27 AM 1/7/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Carl,
>
>What you have to remember is that this car isn't out yet.  Why would we
>class it if we don't know what the final version will look like?  With the
>rumors of the demise of the F-bodies earlier in 1998, Ford may have
>developed this car as a Corvette competitor...IRS, 350hp+, 9" wide
>wheels...who knows?  The probability of that happening is slim but it
>COULD.

I have seen the 99 Mustangs. Same body as SN95. Its not a Corvette
competitor, Ford might go after them with the new T-Bird.

>BTW:  The T-Bird has NOTHING to do with the Mustang in MY consideration of
>where it should go.

Same chassis, different fenders. We (the FOX body group) have been stealing
parts off the T-Birds for years. Where did you think we got the rear disks
from originally <grin>.

>  Would you be taking a chance in ordering a $27K car
>without REALLY knowing where they will fit in Stock...I would say so!  (As
>long as you planned on stock...)

Agreed. I am a ESP/CP kind of person (alright, I do own a SS Vette). I
just figure it might be a even fight for the Camaro 5.7L V8 to match up
with a Mustang 4.6L with IRS. I KNOW Chevy will never IRS the Camaro since
it would become a Corvette <BIG Grin>.

>***The opinions expressed above do not NECESSARILY represent the
>opinions of the NER or the SCAC.***

No problem Andy, I see your point of view in this. Point well taken. We
can always see what happens later in the year with the car and let the
board decide then...

later,
Carl
                        --- Home Page of ---
 - Equipe Rapide Sports Car Club (ER) in West Palm Beach/Ft. Lauderdale
 - South Florida Sports Car Assoc. (SFSCA) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
                            http://carlc.boca.net
          Why do I live in Florida? So I can race all year long!

                   *** South Park Racing ***
          Oh my God! You've killed a CONE... You B*st*rd!