Re: Fuel Cell Foam Replacement

To: Charlie Mathews <cmathews3@mchsi.com>, CM List
Subject: Re: Fuel Cell Foam Replacement
From: Craig Henry <tiga_s2@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 06:19:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Charlie,

I used Eagle Fuel Cells to redo my Premier "sealed up"
bladder type cell.  A seam was leaking very slowly and
I wanted the foam replaced to be safe (500+ rivets
needed to be removed to get it out.)  They cut a small
access hole in the back, replaced the foam, and then
sealed/reconditioned/pressure tested it.  It now looks
new and they were very helpful.  Took about a week to
get it back.  I think it cost around $175.00 total.
This shop is owned by Carl Hartwig.  His brother runs
a similar shop in Canada called Hartwig Aircraft Fuel
Cell Repair.  Several individuals had recommended this
shop on apexspeed so I tried to work with them first
but had a VERY bad experience.  I called them,
discussed the work I wanted done, and then shipped the
cell to them.  I then spent months trying to get them
to do the work and when I finally got the cell back
they never replaced the foam as instructed (in
writing)!  Charged me over $250.00 for patching the
leaking seam and pressure testing it... twice the
estimate for the repair/foam replacement/and
reconditioning.

http://www.eaglefuelcells.com/index.html

Good luck.

Craig