Re: Member input requested

To: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Member input requested
From: John Carriere <jacarriere@jacircuits.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:00:11 -0500
I do not agree with putting the F2000 in CM.  This is not like putting the
S2000 in CM.  With the S2000, the combination of physical size (especially
the width of the bodywork at the front and rear extremes) and increased
weight pretty much compensate for the increase in torque/horsepower and
slightly wider front wheels.   I think the size difference is the biggest
penalty for the S2.  As the F1600 and F2000 share the same physical
envelope, the weight penalty does not even out the torque and tire size
differences.

One way to find out is to invite them out to play at regional events and
see if this is true over time.  We have many data points on the S2 vs F1600.

Another way is for SCCA to sanction a test where a Nationals prepped F1600
can be converted and run under controlled circumstances.

John Carriere

JACircuits Autocross Timing Systems
    http://www.mich.com/~jacircts
- Timing the SCCA Solo II Nationals since 1985