The perfect harnesses?

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: The perfect harnesses?
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:22:22 -0400
Welcome, Ty!

Yeah, this list has been pretty dead lately.  I'll bring up a couple of
topics for discussion...

I decided it was finally time to devote a little effort to replacing the
old harnesses we've been using.  They were a TRW Sabelt dating from late
1994.  The webbing is in rough shape, and they're tough to adjust.

I had thought about it several times over the last couple of years, but I
was unable to find harnesses that I like.  I prefer the ones with a T-bar
mount for the subs, and ideally, the camlock buckle should be permanently
mounted to the subs rather than to one of the laps or shoulders.  They also
need to have a good range of adjustment on the lap belts (I need 'em pretty
short) and the pull-up adjusters need to be easy to use due to cramped
space.

I think I found 'em.  The Schroth Profi III-6 meets all the requirements;
I just ordered a set through SoloTime.  I'll let you know how it works out
when I get them.

The Profi II-6 looks even better; they're the same thing with 2" lap belts
instead of 3" (they still have the 3" shoulders).  Schroth's 2" belts
have much nicer adjusters.  However, they're not legal according to GCR
Section 20, which mandates 3" belts even if they meet all the standards
body requirements (e.g. SFI 16.1).

Has anyone else found the perfect harnesses?

Mark