Re: Flywheel Proposal

To: garryj@localnet.com, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flywheel Proposal
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:40:41 -0500
--On Wednesday, November 13, 2002 10:01 AM -0500 garryj@localnet.com wrote:
> The people who finished in front of you did!  <G>

Right, I knew about the four cars from Gary's research at Nationals.
That's far from all of us.

While not having an aluminum head gives me an excuse, and I hate having
excuses, I'm still not terribly inclined to run out and buy one.  But I
do already have to carry tons of ballast, and I came in at 1101 this year.
Perhaps if I was overweight I'd change my tune.  And yes, I recognize the
value in removing weight from the highest spot in the car and moving it
somewhere better.

The same for a lightened flywheel -- If the proposal goes through then next
time I have it out, I'd change it, but it's not worth special effort.

Mark