autojumble

[Autojumble] OT: VW Bug project FS in SoCA

To: "Autojumble@Autox. Team. Net" <autojumble@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Autojumble] OT: VW Bug project FS in SoCA
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:26:38 -0700
Anyone interested in taking over an abandoned classic VW bug project?  I
don't know too many details, but it sounds like a good deal for someone so
inclined.

It's most of the parts (bodies, seats, engines, transmissions, etc.) to
build two cars, but one transmission was pronounced not worth rebuilding by
a local shop and one engine is condition unknown. (Second car was bought for
it's transmission but turned out to be in better condition than the first
car so became the donee instead of the donor.)  Both cars are in pieces; one
engine is believed to be good (but from some other source originally,
probably not correct for either car).  I don't know what years, but believe
they are all CA smog exempt (so before 1976).  Located in Torrance, CA
(approx 20 miles SSW of Los Angeles).

A friend of mine's son started out to build a bug for himself, but as with
so many projects ran out of time and enthusiasm.  Now my friend wants his
driveway and garage back!

Son will be in town next week, and has been ordered to make arrangements by
the end of the week.  If not, they are going to the junk yard!

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please email Dan
at VW@ingold.org

-- Randall