Re: [Alpines] New Head Bolts / Studs?

To: "WSuman@aol.com" <WSuman@aol.com>, "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Alpines] New Head Bolts / Studs?
From: james ellis <hunber@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 07:47:31 -0700 (PDT)
Never found a replacement head bolt but two thing you want to do to help with
the blown head gaskets are.... when you have the machine work done on your
head have them machine the surface under the washer for the head bolt. this
way it is flat, they just need to touch off on it and take no more material
off than required to flatten the surface. Next head to Fastenal and buy some
replacement head bolt washers, they have two versions one is of 50 cents or
less each the other is a buck or two the cheaper on is fine it just does not
have the edge machined rounded.