[Alpines] another Alpine drives again

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Alpines] another Alpine drives again
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 06:35:45 -0700 (PDT)
Two days ago, I got my Scottish friend Hughie to set down and actually drive
his S2 Alpine out of his barn. he started restoring the car 27 years ago.
Hughie had the body work and paint done by a local restomod painter and the car
is beautiful. the color is a lazer Blue- Im sure it isnt an original color but
when you see it, Im sure you will agree, the car is as nice as Ive seen. I
donated a 1725 to which he installed the S2 clutch. I wasnt helping during this
phase but I did advise him by phone. I had him contact Rick at SS and buy a S5
clutch. he immediately installed it. yep backwards. He called me for help when
the car wouldn't move. I pulled the tranny but he left the state again. Hughie
works for Joy and travels often to work on and install long wall systems at
coal mines all over the world. Recently he called and said the tranny was in
and the clutch turned around work wise.I have everything except the gas linkage
working. Hugh is used to working
 on BIG things as he breaks bolts and then wants to "coal mine" the repair. No
way would I allow him to drill the bolt out in the exhaust manifold large
enough to push a bolt thru and nut the thing. Im sure everyone will enjoy
meeting Hugh. being from Scotland he is one funny guy and he sure likes to
drink and that will it right in with some of our members. See ya at Suni.
TonytheTiger