Re: [Alpines] Sunbeam Alpine Rear Springs & Bushes

To: "'alpines'" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Sunbeam Alpine Rear Springs & Bushes
From: "Allan Ballard" <aballard@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:13:00 -0400
 While we are talking about Alpine leaf springs...a question .. ??

I am in the process of prepping a pair of leaf springs I took off
A SV parts car for use on my S IV.

Nothing remarkable about the springs to comment upon, except that one
Side has the leafs in the Long/shorter/shorter..../shortest order, and
The other does not.

The other spring has long, shorter, longer, shorter/shorter/shorter
order, they don't
Stack from longest to shortest the same way.

Does that make any difference .. ??

Any opinion on whether one spring was done differently at the Factory,
or is that
Most likely some weird thing a prior owner did?

Thanks!

Allan