Re: [Alpines] Speaking of Panhard Bars...

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Speaking of Panhard Bars...
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 18:52:55 -0300
   Hi Terry,
   Yes,  the  MK Alpines and Sunbeam Talbots (early to mid 50's) all have
   Panhard bars and rear springs with 13 leaves! Yes, 13! I would suspect
   that  on  hard  cornering (like Stirling Moss did on these cars in the
   Alpine  Rally),  it  would keep the springs vertical rather than twist
   sideways. I am not sure if they continued these in the Series cars.
   Regards,
   Bob