Re: [Alpines] Wire wheel torque

To: "Barry Hayes" <bhayes@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Wire wheel torque
From: "Steven L. Finberg" <w1gsl@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:52:24 -0400
How do you plan to measure the torque?
Be happy with the hammer, check its tight after a mile or so..

Be sure to clean and grease the spline before torquing.

Steve F

Steve Finberg                        W1GSL                       w1gsl@mit.edu
PO Box 397082 MIT Br        Cambridge MA  02139-7082              617 258 3754

 I have a 1967 Series V, with wire wheels with knockoffs. From the
owners handbook I gather that the spec for tightening them is "whack
them a bunch with the lead hammer". I would rather have something
measured in lb-ft. What numbers are people using to torqu on their
wheels?
 -Barry