Re: [Alpines] cam

To: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Subject: Re: [Alpines] cam
From: Ron Tebo <mrtebo@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:58:58 -0600
Dave:

Here is a post from my archive that I recently sent to another on the list.

Subject: Re:
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:28:12 -0400 (EDT)
To: alpdavegre@msn.com, alpines@autox.team.net

Dave,
      I have recommend Jerry at Delta Camshaft in Tacoma, WA. for years.
Delta absorbed Pacific Cam Grinders many years ago and Pac Cam developed
about
30 different profiles that were tested and used in local SCCA racing in
the 60s
by Arnie Loyning (now, a Formula Atlantic engine builder) Dave Tatom
(currently a remanufacturer and supplier of Ford Flathead hotrod engine
parts) and
Jann Helzer (deceased) and others.

      Delta is not only a WD (warehouse distributor) for Comp Cams,
they are
a manufacturer of them.  He also manufacturers Crane and Crower Cams, which
are reboxed under the appropriate name.  My guess is having Jerry
regrind your
cam and tappets will be about half the cost of having a 'big name
outfit' do
it.

      Jerry is an ex-Vintage racer and I've been wheel-to wheel with him
many times and he is a great guy.  Delta can be reached at:
800-562-5500.  Please
tell him I sent you and give him details about your engine and what you
plans
are, I.E., hillclimbs, road racing, autocross, street, etc.  He will
give you
many options.

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle