Got yoke?

To: "Alpine Discussion List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Got yoke?
From: "Barry Hayes" <bhayes@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:13:32 -0700
The rear transmission seal of the electric Alpine is shot, and that
part I can find. But the yoke is pretty badly chewed up, and the u
joints could use a replacement. Anyone have a yoke they didn't have
big plans for? 1967 Series V .. I can't find one at Sunbeam
Specialties, but that's just browsing their catalog, and I couldn't
even find the catalog entry for it.

Oh, and say .. Is it normal for the radius of the yoke to vary? It's
fat up by the spines for about an inch, then maybe 5 or 6 inches
thinner by about 1/10 inch or so diameter, then fattens out again.
Very approximate measures, since the part is not in my hands at the
moment, and I'm too damn lazy to find out accurate .. If that's not
normal, something has done some pretty bad thing to that yoke ..
 -Barry
--
bhayes yat cs dot stanford dot edu is what you should put in your
contact files -- it'll forward to me no matter where I move