Re: Shoulder belts

To: "Alpine Discussion List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shoulder belts
From: "Barry Hayes" <bhayes@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:29:40 -0700
Thanks for the help from various persons.

I ordered a retractable belt from Victoria, and it seems likely to
work, except ..
All the belt-parts seem to be assuming that the bolts are horizontal,
like on the transmission tunnel or the seat frame. But the current
belts are attached to the floor.

So the easy fix seems to be that I just hook up using some angle iron
to the current attachments on the floor. I imagine I could also try to
find or make an attachment point on the tranny tunnel or the seat
frame, but that sounds like more work than I like to do. Any reason to
not just use a piece of angle iron?

Oh, and yes, of course I have the 3rd shoulder point, and I haven't
thought hard about that yet. I'm assuming it'll work.

--
bhayes yat cs dot stanford dot edu is what you should put in your
contact files -- it'll forward to me no matter where I move