Smiths clock reborn

To: "Bob Hamilton" <hamilton@accesswave.ca>, "drmayf"
Subject: Smiths clock reborn
From: "Lauri Lehtinen" <lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:41:57 +0200
After asking several sources I finally found an instrument and clock
mechanist who took my Smiths clock to rebuild. He knew the system and said
in phone, that a small silver pin may be worn out and the mechanism may be
dirty.
He was right, due to dirt that pin had eroded away by sparkling. All
bearings were dried, it means, the original clock oil had turned into resin.

But as a whole, that Smiths clock is easy to rebuild, in case there is a
person who knows what to do. And I heard after 17 years of owing that clock
(as a part of my Beam) that you MUST START THE CLOCK by pushing (or was it
pulling) that tiny knob, which is used to put the clock into time. And it
may be, that you must start it several times before it starts to go.

So, my dear friends, do not throw away those clocks and buy all items you
see at the autojumbles. That is a hen?s teeth a professional dentist can
cure!