"Frenchy's" Provinance solved

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: "Frenchy's" Provinance solved
From: "DAVID GREEN" <alpdavegre@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:28:29 -0600
Alpiners,

Here is what I have found out. On my previous question on the French plate
under the hood along with the standard Rootes plates. It appears that
"Frenchy" was built in England and sold in France at one of Rootes overseas
dealer locations. They put the French plate on at time of sale. This sounds
like what happened. Whether it was bought on a Rootes Holiday promotion or
by a military serviceman then came to the states. I guess that part will not
be solved. Just thought I would let you all know what I came up with. I
still want to hear from any other Alpine owners out there with a French or
other firewall plate.
Dave Green
14 Sunbeams

Check out the new British Cars Forum: